Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cafes and walking around in Ukrainian Village, Bucktown, Wicker Park and East Village

Today we spent a lot of time in a few of Chicago's neighborhoods.  First we went to Cafe Ballou and my owner worked for a bit - he also read from Alias Grace for a bit too.  The bathroom there is crazy - there is an actual bath in there.  I took a few minutes to get to know the TP there too, of course.  Embarrassingly, there are pictures.  Then we walked around and you can see some pictures from that (including a squirrel that I thought might jump at me).  We ended up at Filter, a diner/cafe where we had more coffee (we got pretty wired that day) and had a chicken salad sandwich.  The dude next to us smelled a bit and the outlet didn't work for the laptop.  Then we went back to Ukrainian Village where my owner met his friend.  I got put in the car not too long after that, so that's the end of my day.

Overall it was a good day!

Cafe Ballou

Getting to know the help.  Also, want to bathe?

See, it's a public restroom

Cafe Ballou

Killer Squirrel!



Wicker Park / Bucktown

McDonald's casts quite a shadow...


Filter

Coffee in a Chicken Soup mug

Filter

Filter

Chicken Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment